Homelessness is caused by a complicated set of factors, from the critical shortage of affordable housing and living wage jobs to our society’s lack of care for people experiencing homelessness. The Homeless Resource Network partners with the community to provide solutions to homelessness. See below for a complete list of programs and services offered by Homeless Resource Network.
- Information and Referrals
- Telephone & Mail Services
- Computer access provided by Chattahoochee Valley Libraries
- Assistance with Local Public Transportation through Metra
- Assistance obtaining Identification
- The Network also provides Rent and Utility assistance to prevent eviction and/or utility disconnection
- Publish the “Homeless Resource Guide” (a comprehensive list of local service providers)
- Publish the “Street Beat” (a pocket-sized guide to emergency services)
- Participate in the 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness
- Periodic community wide training and seminars
- In addition, the Network is the lead agency bringing together all agencies and churches that serve people experiencing homelessness through a monthly homeless coalition meeting; because we know one agency alone cannot end homelessness
- VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) – During tax season, get your taxes done for free at Homeless Resource Network
For more information about the Homeless Resource Network Contact Us!